Direct Phone: (619) 993-5793
Direct Fax: (800) 616-4410
- California, 1983
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1982
- University of California, Santa Barbara, cum laude, 1976
- Insurance Coverage, Policyholders
- Business Law
Pro Bono And Community Activities
- Jewish Family Service, San Diego – Director and Chair of Public Affairs Committee, 2014-present
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Venture County – Advisory Board, 2002-2005
Deborah Bucksbaum represents insurance policyholders in coverage disputes and litigation and counsels clients on a broad range of business-related issues. Over her 30-plus years practicing law, she has worked for large multi-national law firms, served as chief legal officer for an affordable housing developer, and co-founded what was believed to be the first 100% women-owned business litigation firm in California.
Deborah’s insurance coverage successes have included the following:
- As personal and coverage counsel, obtained full coverage from multiple carriers for large-scale environmental cleanup and managed collaboration among insurers, environmental counsel, and other stakeholders in the nearly ten-year cleanup process.
- Negotiated and secured agreement from seven carriers with different types of policies to provide full coverage for settlement in fair housing class action matter.
- Advised multi-national client on complex multi-level coverage for massive construction products liability claims.
- Negotiated and secured agreement from multiple carriers for full reimbursement of defense costs for client’s successful defense of massive products liability claim.
- Coordinated with insurer and oversaw, as personal counsel, successful defense of client by insurer-appointed counsel through trial of fair housing case.
- Deborah also serves clients as a business and personal coach, co-founded a gift-book publishing company, and happily balanced her law practice with her career as a mother for 18 years.