Direct: (818) 620-0688
Fax: (800) 616-4410
- California, 2005
- U.S. District Courts, Central, Northern, Southern & Eastern of Districts of California, 2005
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 2005
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Political Science and History, Magna Cum Laude, 2001
- Complex Litigation and Arbitration
- Business, Real Estate, Labor and Employment, and Environmental Law
- Named Rising Star by Los Angeles Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015
- Golden Key, International Honor Society, 1999-2001
- Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society, 1999-2001
Pro Bono And Community Activities
- West Valley Soccer League, Youth Soccer Coach, 2011-2016
- Loyola Law School Center for Conflict Resolution, Student Mediator, 2005
- Judicial Extern to the Hon. Arthur M. Greenwald, United States Bankruptcy Judge, 2004
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Pro Bono Legal Advocate, 2004
- World Passport, English teacher in high schools across Taiwan, 2000
Mr. Wieder is fluent in Spanish and Hebrew, and has lived, studied, and taught in various parts of the world, including Argentina, Uruguay, Israel, Italy, and Taiwan.
TRIAL AND ARBITRATION EXPERIENCE
- Prevailed in a bench trial on behalf of an employer against a former employee who appealed a Labor Commissioner’s decision on claims relating to wage and hour issues.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict and an award of fees and costs for a leading reseller of Microsoft ERP solutions who was sued for $2 million based on claims for fraud and breach of contract.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict in a bench trial representing a residential landlord and his companies who were sued for over $1 million.
- Prevailed in an arbitration on behalf of an international computer services provider, obtaining a judgment for the entire amount sought, as well as all attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by the client.
- Second-chaired a bankruptcy court trial representing hundreds of investors in a foreign currency exchange Ponzi scheme who were sued by a bankruptcy trustee.
NOTABLE RECENT RESOLUTIONS
- Reached several successful settlements on behalf of one of the nation’s largest school districts in federal court actions involving environmental contamination.
- Achieved an outstanding settlement on behalf of an accounting firm in a professional liability action for its audit of a publicly traded company.
- Successfully settled numerous cases on behalf of companies who received warnings or were sued under California Proposition 65.