The Firm and its members have had substantial involvement with non-profit corporations:
- David R. Scheidemantle has served as board chair of two non-profit corporations: Los Angeles Children’s Chorus (2009-2012) and Levitt Pavilion – Pasadena (Founding Board Member, 2003-2006; Board President, 2004-2005; Board Chair, 2005-2006). He was also a board member of the Century City Chamber of Commerce and a member of the West Coast Council of Chairman Zubin Mehta of the American Friends of the Israel Philharmonic.
- David R. Scheidemantle was honored at the 2014 Los Angeles Children’s Chorus Bel Canto Gala, receiving the Rebecca Thompson Founder’s Award and joining the ranks of the organization’s prior honorees Esa-Pekka Salonen, Richard Sherman, Ambassador John Emerson, Helen Bing, Alice Coulombe, James Conlon, Anna Christy, Grant Gershon, and Nestlé USA.
- Caroline A. H. Sayers serves on the Board of Trustees of Marymount California University and formerly was on the Board of Governors for the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles.
- David R. Scheidemantle won the release, pursuant to the California Battered Women’s Syndrome Act, of a woman who had been incarcerated for 20 years for the murder of her boyfriend.
- Members of the firm have represented numerous non-profit corporations, often on a pro bono basis, including Pasadena Junior Theater (now known as Theatre 360), Suzuki Music Association of California, Renaissance Arts Academy, a Los Angeles public charter school dedicated to the arts and Stepping Stones for Stella.
For further information, please contact David R. Scheidemantle (dscheidemantle@ScheidemantleLawGroup.com).