- David Scheidemantle and Karine Akopchikyan attended the Growth Capital Conference LXVII on January 25, 2018, where they enjoyed discussions with venture capitalists, angel investors, firms seeking capital, and other advisors.
- David Scheidemantle spoke as a panelist at the Bridgeport 2018 Consumer Class Action Litigation Conference on January 19, 2018, on the topic, “An In-Depth Examination of Class Certification featuring a Close Look at Daubert Considerations.”
- David Scheidemantle, with colleagues Carla Ford and Franklin Roach, volunteered at the interviewing workshop held on January 11, 2018, by Scripps College at its third annual Emerging Professionals Program.
- David Scheidemantle was a featured performer, as a violinist, at the 18th Annual Rekindling the Light of Peace Ceremony, a collaboration of the Pasadena Human Relations Commission and the Pasadena MLK Community Coalition, at Pasadena City Hall on January 6, 2018.
- Karine Akopchikyan joined The Esquire Network.
- On December 1, 2017, David Scheidemantle was a featured speaker at the Harvard Club in New York City at the Litigation Counsel of America’s Renaissance Symposium. He spoke on the topic of innovative strategies in complex litigation matters.
- Since September 2017, Karine Akopchikyan has volunteered as an attorney proctor for the Pasadena Teen Court Program at Pasadena High School.
- In July 2017, David Scheidemantle became a Senior Fellow with Litigation Counsel of America.
- On July 1, 2017, David Scheidemantle began his second year as Chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee of Los Angeles Master Chorale, where he has sat on the Board of Directors since 2015.
- On June 30, 2017, David Scheidemantle completed a two-year term as Co-Chair of the Scripps Association of Families and Parent Leadership Council, which included service as a Trustee on the Scripps College Board, where he held positions on the Finance, Institutional Advancement, and Student Affairs Committees.
- In June 2017, David Scheidemantle was contracted to perform with conductor and pianist Grant Gershon and opera singer Catherine Leech at the Opera Meets Violin! salon event on February 24, 2018. Maestro Gershon is the Kiki and David Gindler Artistic Director of Los Angeles Master Chorale and will perform on a piano donated for the event by Pasadena Steinway Piano Galleries. The performance will take place at the home of Mary Blodgett and Carlton Calvin in San Marino, California.
- Joshua Pollack, Caroline Sayers, and David Scheidemantle won the denial of class certification in a putative class action, Runyon, et al. v. Bostik, Inc., et al., United States District Court for the Central District of California, Case No. 5:6-cv-2413. The denial by the district court took place in March 2017, and the United States Court of Appeals denied plaintiffs’ appeal petition in June 2017.
- In April 2017, David Scheidemantle served as a judge at the Bull Ring Competition: Semi-Final Event held by the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics of California State University, Northridge.
- Since March 2017, David Scheidemantle has been Chair of the Advisory Council of American Contemporary Ballet.
- In December 2016, David Scheidemantle was a recipient of the Peter Perlman Service Award, conferred by the Litigation Counsel of America at organization’s Renaissance Symposium at the Harvard Club in New York City, where he presented on the topic, “A Concert Artist’s Music Lessons for Trial Lawyers.”
- Karine Akopchikyan joined the firm as an associate in September 2016.
- In September 2016, David Scheidemantle joined Vistage, an executive coaching organization.
- In August 2016, Tiffany Chen earned her paralegal certificate with Honors from the University of San Diego.
- In March 2015, David Scheidemantle was admitted to practice law in the state of Wisconsin.
- Joshua J. Pollack joined the firm as a partner on November 1, 2014.
- Scheidemantle Law Group continues to administer the Scripps-Scheidemantle Internship for Rising First Years at Scripps College for Women and in 2015 will hire its third successive intern with the assistance of the two prior interns currently enrolled at Scripps.
- David Scheidemantle performed the Violin Sonata in A Major by César Franck at an event hosted by Suzuki Talent Education of Pasadena of the Suzuki Music Association of California. He was joined by pianist Cindy Lam and performed on a violin made in 1685 by Girolamo Amati.
- David Scheidemantle received the rating of AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell following its strenuous Peer Review Rating process.
- David Scheidemantle joined The Esquire Network.
- David Scheidemantle performed a violin recital on October 26, 2014, at the James Allen Freeman House, one of seven homes designated by the City of Pasadena as an Historic Monument, entitled “Five Violins, Five Centuries, Five Composers.” He performed on seven fine instruments, dating back to 1610, from the private collection of the Hans Weisshaar Violin Shop in Los Angeles. The event was reviewed by Laurie Niles of Violinist.com.
- David Scheidemantle was the 2014 recipient of the Rebecca Thompson Founder’s Award of Los Angeles Children’s Chorus, following his service as the organization’s Board Chair for three terms. Past LACC honorees have included Helen Bing, Anna Christy, Alice Coulombe, James Conlon, Ambassador John Emerson, Grant Gershon, Nestlé USA, Esa-Pekka Salonen, and Richard Sherman.